Purpose: The Bolder Options Communications and Outreach Intern position provides an excellent opportunity for learning and applying knowledge gained in the classroom. This opportunity allows interns to practice supporting communications in a mission-driven organization as well as engaging in community and social media outreach with the goal of reaching more volunteers and donors to support Bolder Options. Supportive supervision will occur weekly, guiding the Intern towards their area of interest while furthering competence. The level of autonomy will grow along with the student. The Communications and Outreach Intern will be held to the agreed upon learning contract goals and as part of the Bolder Options staff, will be responsible for the attainment of strategic goals for the department.
Reports to: This position is directly supervised by the Advancement Director.
Organizational Communications (40%)
- Prepare content calendars for all social media platforms and publish content
- Interview program participants and create content that tells the story of Bolder Options and informs content published by Bolder Options
- Assist in the development of special content pieces (i.e. Give to the Max Day video, annual report, mentor recruitment brochure)
- Update Bolder Options website as needed
Support Community Outreach and Special Events (40%)
- Participate as a member of special event planning committees, adding skills and expertise as needed
- Attend community outreach events with the goal of recruiting mentors and other volunteers
- Assist in photography, live posting, and other duties at events as needed
Other Agency-Related Responsibilities (20%)
- Ensure that database use is aligned with standards of the organization
- Work with the Advancement Director in the implementation of strategic goals and direction for the agency
- Assist in other agency related duties and activities as needed
- Currently enrolled in a formal degree program
- Flexible schedule to meet program needs during some evenings and weekends
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a clean background check
- Good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness
- Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, databases, and multiple social media platforms
- Excellent organizational, communication, time-management and prioritization skills
- Adventurous spirit, good sense of humor and fun
- Interest in nonprofit leadership and/or youth work, particularly with high-risk populations and/or adolescents
You can set your own schedule during business hours (M-F, 8:30-4:30 pm). You must also be available to work nights or weekends two to three times per month.
Your school may provide credits for this experience. After a positive 90-day review, interns will be invited to continue their work through the end of the academic year (May 2015). A $500 stipend will be paid to you upon successful completion of the internship (May 2015).
Send a resume and cover letter to Heidi Mastrud. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.